Wednesday, November 2, 2011

One year

This week-end was our first wedding anniversary. I organized a week-end to the French Riviera, so that my hubby could discover a different aspect of France.

He noticed two things :
- it's beautiful
- people are not used to seing Indians around here.

On the last day, we had some time to kill before the train. We were wondering what to do. He was expecting me to decide since "we always do what you decide dear" and I had just told him that was not a nice thing to say and we would do what he decided, when, suddenly a Tamil guy came by in the tiny village street and started to talk to my hubby. It turns out that man was a sailor with a broken-heart.

So we ended up spending the afternoon listening to the guy's story of how his arranged mariage got cancelled. Actually, I don't know enough Tamil to understand what was said but it seems there was a long debate about love marriage vs arranged marriage. Meanwhile I took a sun bath and tried not to stare at the Chinese middle-aged man who was singing to the sea.

The sailor thought I was not happy. I was tired and didn't know what to say and was passing time observing people. The sailor told me my hubby is a good man, and that he has a heart under his black skin. I don't know why Tamil men keep telling me this. I'm beginning to find this suspicious.

Later I tried to find out about my hubby's point of view and couldn't understand what he told me.

It seems Coyote and the Monkey spirit were part of the journey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment